If optimum comfort and cushion are the top priority on your list, then the PHI VILLA recliner might be the perfect option for you.
This is one of the premium-grade oversized units in the market today and it’s packed with some amazing features which make it stand out amongst the rest.
Here is a closer look at what it got to offer and why it’s our second best pick in this category.
Design & Frame
To start off, the frame of this unit is made up of heavy-duty steel that’s powder-coated. It is super sturdy and durable which is one of its major highlights.
The robust frame is more than capable of supporting a hefty 350 pounds weight making it very suitable for larger adults and heavy people. What’s even more special is that the frame is equipped with non-skid feet to ensure it remains stable when sitting and reclining.
Like the Timber Ridge oversize recliner above, the armrests are wooden. This is not just an artistic touch but it’s a practical design since wood is much cooler compared to plastic which absorbs heat. It a nice feature that will help keep your arms comfortable on a hot sunny day.
Padding & Fabric
The body of the chair is fixed to the frame using a double bungee cord system which allows the seat to conform to the body but still providing firm support and balance.
As we mentioned above, PHI VILLA has really prioritized comfort in the design of this chair and this is another major highlight that puts it ahead of the pack.
While most other zero gravity chairs utilize the more familiar thin polyester mesh which is short on the cushion but big on breathability, this unit makes use of a very robust Oxford fabric.
The back is heavily padded with this fabric as well as the seat and it provides a much softer touch to the body than your regular polyester fabric. The result is optimum comfort and cushioning that makes the chair absolutely restful to sit and recline on.
The only downside of this fabric is that it’s not that breathable as mesh but it’s not likely to retain a lot of heat to the point of making it uncomfortable to sit on. The fact that it’s heavily padded also means that it can soak up water easily, so you can’t leave it outside on a rainy day.
Reclining & Locking
The chair can be reclined to your preferred position and the process is pretty simple. You just need to flip two levers under the armrest and you get to recline with ease. It surpasses 130°, and the locking mechanism is as well effective.
It utilizes a lock catch instead of twist knobs which is more convenient to operate as you simply need to turn the two levers underneath each armrest back and forth to lock it on place or unlock it.
Size & Weight
With regard to size, the PHI VILLA is very roomy measuring 29 inches across. It will accommodate larger body sizes without any issues. When fully extended, the length is about 65 inches long which translates to 5.5 feet.
That’s a considerable length enough to support most tall people but if you are over 6 feet tall, then your feet are likely to reach past the footrest.
Weighing around 21 pounds, the chair is somewhat heavy and like the Timber Ridge recliner above it’s clearly not the most portable unit but it folds up to a relatively compact size for easier storage.
Headrest & Lumbar Support
The headrest utilizes the same Oxford fabric and is equally well padded to give your head and neck ample support. It has an elastic strap that allows you to adjust it easily either as lower back support or as a headrest.
Finally, you get a removable tray of considerable size along with the chair. It has an opening for holding a bottle or cup and a flat space where you can place a book or plate. Plus you can mount the tray whichever side you want and it remains level even in the reclined position.
Overall, this is a well-built and fairly large chair that’s strong enough and wide enough to accommodate most tall and plus size uses. Besides, it sports an eye-catching design and comes in various colour combinations.
- Sturdy, heavy-duty frame and armrest construction
- Non-skid feet to keep the unit stable
- Durable and extremely comfortable Oxford fabric
- Wide oversized seat and back ideal for tall and large people
- Reclines easily and locks reclined position securely into place
- Can support heavyweight up to 350 pounds
- Slightly heavier to carry around
- Fabric can soak up water if left in the rain
Price & Rating
|Product||Phi Villa Oversized Zero Gravity Chair Reviews|
|Rating||(More than 339 reviews)|
|Recommended price||114.99 USD (Check the latest price at amzn.to)|
|Open dimension:||W29.14″ x D35.43″ x H44.88″|
|Folded dimension:||W35.4″ x D5.9″ x H29.9″|
|Seat height (from the floor):||12″ – 14″|
|Total length (reclined):||65″|
|Item weight:||24.6 lbs|
|Fabric:||Oxford Fabric Padded|
|Arm Rest:||Wooden pattern|
|Colors:||Aqua | Blue | Camouflage | Grey | Red|
The video below shows more details about this makeup mirror
The Customers’ Reviews Summary
This is a summary of 153 reviews from real customers for the PHI VILLA Oversize XL Padded Zero Gravity Chair that I’ve learned.
I read every single comment and feedback (both positive & negative) about the PHI VILLA recliner from the verified purchase customers to have this summary.
Here you will find:
This is the fastest way for you to know what other people experienced this zero gravity chair.
- Easy to open and fold up
- Locking mechanisms are easy to use
- Reclining works smoothly
- Padding fabric is very comfortable
- Strong & sturdy frame
- The wider seat is roomy and comfortable
- The wooden armrests are nice
- Nice & well-made
- The drink tray is nice
- The chair worth the money!
- The chairs were quite heavy for someone to move around
- The drink tray is made of cheap plastic flexes way too much to use
- People under 6′ found it works, those who have longer legs might find it not perfect
- The lock is plastic, there is a potential of no long last, someone found it didn’t work properly
- There are bars that are situated right under the lower thigh, near the back of the knee make someone uncomfortable, even it’s padded.
- People with about 5′ tall and below may have some difficulty getting in and out of the chair
- Tall people (let’ say over 6’2″) may find it’s too short and unhappy with the name “oversized’
- Someone received chairs with some of the screws came overtightened and stripped or loose
- Some received chairs missing the cup holders or dirt marks
- Someone find it’s hard to open, recline, and lock at first
- Too many plastic parts, they should be metal for long last
- No replacement parts (screws, locking nut) available for a minor broken fix
- Not really good as a chair (not reclining), the curve design of the lumbar area is not comfortable for our bodies, the shape of the chair doesn’t match the shape of our body at that part.
- Someone get the feeling of sliding down, and after getting up
- The padded will soak of water, it’s not ideal for patio use or leaving outside
- There is a metal return where you would put your feet to rest
- It better comes with a cam for movement than a slide.
- Plastic pats are cheap and low quality
- The reclining and locking system didn’t work properly for someone, at its price point, this should not happen.
- It’s too heavy to move in and out for someone, but it’s not good to leave it outside, you may need a cover or get hard of moving the chair
- The locking mechanism didn’t work properly, some were broken after a short time
- It’s way too wide for small people
- didn’t find this chair comfortable. It was hard and the bars dug into me. I’m 6’1″ and it was way too short for me. I returned it.
- There is a bar under the chair right where the thigh rest make the chair is not comfortable for sitting in the upright position
- It’s named XL but actually, it is extra wide, not extra-long
- Short people (under 5′) may get hard to push off with their foot to recline the chair from its upright position
- Someone complain that this is not a true zero gravity chair but a lounger
If you’re shopping for a zero gravity chair that invites you to relax, try this one from PHI VILLA.
Not only is it attractive, but it’s also very comfortable. And its oversize dimensions and sturdy build make it even more appealing than the average lounge chair.
The PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Chair sports an eye-catching two-tone design. It’s available in various color combinations, like bright blue with black accents. And each one has a durable powder-coated steel frame that supports up to 350 pounds.
With so many zero gravity recliners on the market, choosing between them can feel a little overwhelming.
We like the PHI VILLA Zero Gravity Chair because of its comfy padded fabric in bright colors and the fact that it comes standard with an accessory tray.
We also appreciate the roomy design. Although this chair is not especially longer than other similar loungers, the width is significantly better. And that’s important for putting users at ease.
If you are 6′ tall and above, you may find it’s short and your legs will hangover at the end of the chair, it’s not uncomfortable if you have a pillow to support your legs.
Yes, you can wash it by a wipe with a cloth or soft brush but should not soak it with water.
The frame is powder-coated to avoid rust, but you better don’t leave the chair outside under rain and direct sunlight for a longer last.