Taking the lead in our oversized zero gravity chairs list is none other than the Timber Ridge oversize adjustable recliner that we have an ultimate review on the homepage (Best zero gravity chairs & Recliners – The ultimate guide).
Design & Frame
Timber Ridge is well known for their neat and thoughtful innovation, and we were really impressed by the design, concept and comfort level of this oversized unit they produced. Let’s check it out.
At first glance, you can tell that the chair’s construction is definitely robust. The entire frame is made out of thick, sturdy steel tubes with the base nicely spaced to keep the chair is stable and well balanced.
The steel frame is powder coated to strengthen it further. It’s strong enough to handle up to 350 pounds which means it will comfortably support even those with heavyweights.
The armrests are made of wood which is a slight deviation from the usual plastic ones and a good one for that matter as it’s quite durable provided you don’t let it get rained on too much. Plus it does add a nice aesthetic touch to the overall look of the chair.
Padding & Fabric
The cloth material used for the backrest, seat, and headrest is a heavy-duty polyester fabric which is capable of supporting so much weight without ripping.
It’s weatherproof too making it ideal for outdoor activities. With proper care and protection from the elements, this is a chair that can serve you for a long period of time.
The seat is securely attached to the frame by equally strong yet flexible bungee systems which provide additional support to the chair. It perfectly contours to the shape of the body allowing for more reliable support and relaxing experience.
Now the best part that you will absolutely love about this Timber Ridge unit is that it provides a lot more comfortable than what you would get from a standard zero gravity chair.
Reclining & Locking
Another commendable thing is that you can adjust the backrest to any height. It’s not a ratchet or click system with pre-set positions. It’s totally customizable and glides easily to all positions. You can fully recline it to a makeshift bed.
As for the locking mechanism, it’s one of the easiest you will find on the market. There are two small clamps located on the sides which you just turn to lock the position you want into place.
The locks are very sturdy and can withstand sudden movements without reclining further. Even much better, the locking mechanism is completely adjustable, so you are able to lock the chair at any angle.
Size & Weight
The backrest is 28.9 inches high while the seat measures 21.3 inches wide, so it’s wide and spacious enough for larger folks to fit right in without straining.
The entire length is 72 inches long when fully reclined which is about 6 feet and that’s big enough to fully support the entire body of an average tall person without the legs hanging off the end. If you are much taller than that, then your feet may slightly hang over the chair.
The only possible setback is that it falls a little bit on the heavy side weighing around 24 pounds and it’s also somewhat bulky for packing purposes. However, that’s because of the robust construction which understandable since it’s an oversize unit meant for larger and taller folks.
Headrest & Lumbar Support
The entire length of the polyester cover from the seating area to the backrest is fully padded with the headrest featuring a thick layer of padding too.
This is something you don’t see in many similar chairs and it ensures that you feel most comfortable with great support not just on the neck and in the seat alone but also on the back and shoulders. You can remove the headrest if you want to.
The unit comes with a large cup holder that you can attach onto the right side which is a bonus too since it’s not equipped with an accessory tray.
With that said, we can confidently conclude that this Timber Ridge oversize recliner is worth every extra penny. No doubt about that. It’s a large, strong and very functional chair with tons of features. It’s perfect for camping or relaxing on your deck or in your yard.
- Robust, long-lasting construction
- Heavy duty and weatherproof polyester fabric
- Extremely comfortable and convenient
- Fully adjustable with multiple reclining positions
- Sturdy and very reliable locking mechanism
- Weight limit and length are high enough for tall and large users
- Comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- A little bit heavy and bulky
- The polyester material is not that breathable
Price & Rating
|Product||Timber Ridge Oversized Zero Gravity Chair|
|Rating||(More than 886 reviews)|
|Recommended price||129.99 USD (Check the latest price at amzn.to)|
|Open dimension:||43.5 ” x 22 ” x 21.3 “|
|Folded dimension:||37.2 ” x 30 ” x 6.6 “|
|Seat Width:||21.3 “|
|Seat height (from the floor):||16″|
|Total length (reclined):||72″|
|Item weight:||24.6 lbs|
|Frame:||Powder Coated Steel|
|Material:||Polyester with Padded Foam|
|Colors:||Earth | Blue | Camouflage|
|Features:||Natural wood armrest|
The video below shows more details about this makeup mirror
The Customers’ Reviews Summary
This is a short summary of 403 reviews and feedback about the Timber Ridge Oversized Zero Gravity Chair that I’ve learned.
I read every single review (both positive and negative) about the zero gravity chair from the verified purchase customers, then combined into this reviews-summary with a satisfying chart.
Here you will find:
- Roomy and the length is good enough for tall and big people
- Very sturdy and stable construction
- Bungee suspension system with padded foam and adjustable pillow work perfectly
- The reclining function operates smoothly with no binding
- Locking systems are easy to use allowing you to lock the chair at any reclining position
- Wooden armrests are nice and impressed with ergonomically designed and
- Cup holder with a slot that ideal for cup or mug with handle
- The joints are metal (not plastic) glides smoothly and holds up well.
- Colors matching are nice
- Customer services are good
- The chair is quite bulky and heavy for some people, not ideal for small space
- Some people (over 6′ tall) find that their feet hang over with sitting on the chair with full stretch out legs and the chair is reclined
- Someone finds the lock levers made of plastic are not really sturdy and poor design
- Some people reported that the chair is not reclined at full zero gravity position
- Fabric is not really breathable
- Cup holder with a sharp edge may hurt you or break your clothes
- The directions are placed at the bottom of the chair is not so convenience even the chair is easy to use
- Someone received chairs with missing screws or minor faulty assembled
- Wooden armrests start to fade and crack after a while
- Someone feels uncomfortable with their feet hanging over when the chair is reclined
- The locking system is not working properly after a while
- Some people find it’s hard to recline the chair and sit up from the reclining position as the reclining system doesn’t work properly
- Fabric gets fade, seams start ripping, the armrests finish are fade, crack and get mold quickly after they leave the chair outside for a while
- Someone received damaged or faulty chairs (screws were not installed properly, bolt sheared off
- Most of the customers in this group left their chairs outside under rain and direct sunlight and their chairs damaged and useless after several weeks. The main problems include armrests are faded, cracked and get molded, the frame is rusted, seams are separated and the fabric is faded or tearing. the padding is soaked.
- Someone found the chair frame was bent after uses, even one fell off because the chair was collapsed.
- Some people found the chair is not comfortable, not stable, hard to recline, or too big or heavy for them, then they returned it.
- Some old customer of this brand found that the new version of the chair is not as good as the old one.
It looks to us like Timber Ridge checked out the competition in the zero gravity chair market, and then created a superior design.
Timber Ridge strikes a balance between budget pricing and top quality features with their oversize zero gravity lounge chair.
Overall, the Timber Ridge chair is much comfier than the typical plastic lawn chair or poolside recliner.
No, you shouldn’t, there are quite many people found their chairs damaged and useless after they left the chair under direct sunlight and rain after weeks.
No, there isn’t a carrying bag but the chair is easy to fold.
Yes, it is easy to fold, open and recline.
Yes for those who prefer a roomy chair, only it may not be easy to tilt back.
No. For the short distance of carrying for daily uses, just wrap the frame tubes as they are folded close together, for long-distance moving like camping, you can use a cord to tighten it.
Yes, it’s good for watching movies or reading on a laptop.
No, it’s not really ideal for typing or working.
There are no replacement parts for this chair in particular but you can find some alternative products like bungee cords, drink tray.